Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life and Consequences

By my calculations, we are down to 12 who made the deadline on 14 July. According to the new academic dean and the head of the English Dept., 12 is not enough. So, Mr. Hughes (me) will now be teaching two "regular" EnglishIV classes (book list to be determined, though heavy on philosophy). I have requested to keep (if possible) a aldridge, e wagner, a power, m snider, c penca, a kocher, j castleman, f wang, m lynch, m dinh, k marsh, and v tran, as these are the ones who have made the deadlines. If I have made an error in which of you have made the deadlines, please let me know ASAP, since schedules are nearly done. Also, you may post any appropriate comments on the blog.

IT IS POSSIBLE, ACCORDING TO THE ACADEMIC DEAN, THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO ADD AN "HONOR'S COMPONENT" TO MY CLASS. IF THIS IS SO, I WILL FIND A CONCRETE WAY TO REWARD THOSE WHO HAVE COME THIS FAR (I.E. I will make Hayek a large part of it!). IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS (ASSUMING I GET THE 12 IN MY CLASSES).

THE SHAKESPEARE CLASS ALSO DID NOT MAKE. TRULY A SAD OCCURRENCE, AS WELL.

2 comments:

kidA said...

i appreciate you trying to keep those of us who met the deadline, and trying to award us so. i would like that, and so would the others also, im sure, thank you.

Jesselman said...

that's not cool, ive been in a class with 7 people before, why would they not let us have 12?
oh well, do you think there's any way you could ask for all 12 of us to be in the same class?