Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Important: My meeting with Larry Oliver to discuss the class enrollment, which was to occur Monday, got moved to Wednesday, due to interviewing for the new Academic Dean. Obviously (?!), the first deadline was SUNDAY. This class endeavors to diminish procrastination, since Genius texts require multiple readings. Procrastinators generally do their first reading at the deadline, relying on the "smarts" that got them through PE and 7th Grade Texas History to also get them through Nietzsche & Milton. Yeah...sure.

As an aside to 17-year-olds, why would you sign up for something you do not want to do? Grown-ups who act thusly are not looked up to, nor looked at favorably. I mean, how do you respond to your father or mother complaining about his/her job for the last five years? As if they were really, really smart?

Personally, I have been struggling with balancing babies and coaching (which I retired from) and teaching. The babies must be taken care of. The teaching will improve, which will require some commitment from you. As this is an English class, please note the phrase "some commitment". Notice anything?

I will post the contents of the meeting after it occurs.

Love,
Mr. Hughes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The packet says the 12th.